Active and Passive Voice

Active voice
In most English sentences with an action verb, the subject performs the action denoted by the verb.

Because the subject does or "acts upon" the verb in such sentences, the sentences are said to be in the active voice.

Passive voice
One can change the normal word order of many active sentences (those with a direct object) so that the subject is no longer active, but is, instead, being acted upon by the verb - or passive.
    Note in these examples how the subject-verb relationship has changed.

Because the subject is being "acted upon" (or is passive), such sentences are said to be in the passive voice.

If you want to read about more, go to this webpage and you will found the all explanation about this topic. 

The Passive
The Active Voice
Active vs Passive Voice Basketball Game

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
As you know, we are viewing the passive, but I think it will be a good idea to post information about the active voice, and also I find a game to practice both grammar rules, I was playing it for a few minutes and it was fun, to pass the time playing it, is ok, I got all the questions right 😂
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Comentarios

  1. Hey Karly!
    I like the color of your blog, it inspires to continue reading.

    Is good to know a deeper meaning and difference between these topics. So that it'll be easier to uderstand.

    Thanks a lot for the websites, I'm sure they will come in handy for me or everyone who wants to learn about it. Also the game was very funny and entertaining haha.

    No questions for today.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Karly!!

    I like the information that you shared with us about passive and actives, and also I liked the links because they explain very well the content. Let me tell you that your information has helped me to reinforced my knowledge about active and passive because for me have been quite difficult to understand this topic but thanks to the classes at the university and your post i know that is easy to become an active sentence to a passive and also your post has helped me to know specific reasons for using passive, because I just thought that passive could be used when the object is important in the sentence or when the action is more important than the subject but I realized that there are more reasons for using passive so I don´t have doubts because the links explain very well the topic, and have been really useful for me!!
    thank you!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hey there, Nice post Karla!
    I really liked your explanation about the differences between passive and active voice, as the others i had troubles dealing with it, because of the fact that we have to use past participle of the verbs, but after reading your information, it became easier.
    No further questions.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello Karlita! I enjoyed reading your post because active voice also important. I think active voice is more used than passive voice most likely in speaking because it seems to be informal. But in writing I wonder if we should only use passive voice because is more formal or can we use active voice too without not being "informal"? Thanks

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Nice post, I learned something. Also learning English Grammar.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Transitive and intransitive verbs

Noun clauses - Audio

Defining and non-defining phrases and clauses